Friday, July 2, 2010

A Flight Of Fantasy

I don't get into fantasy talk too much, even though I do have one team in one league. But NFL.com did come out with their top-200 fantasy ratings, and I thought it was interesting that the top-rated Giant was WR Steve Smith, who earned the 38th spot overall. In our 10-team league, that would make him a third-round choice at best. I have a feeling he's going to go higher than that this year, considering everybody's going to expect his touchdowns to go from the seven of 2009 to close to double-digits this year. I'm just guessing, though. I try not to take Giants for fear it'll ruin my objectivity on gameday.

Anyway, Brandon Jacobs comes next on the list at No. 51, and Eli Manning is No. 67. Ahmad Bradshaw is No. 78, and Mario Manningham comes in at No. 128. Kevin Boss is No. 174.

Just something to mull over before all your early September drafts.

I made the playoffs last year by a hair, and then got knocked out in the first round. How'd you guys do? And do you agree with the NFL.com rankings, the whole of which is listed here?

Hey, by the way. We just reached a milestone. This is our 1,000th post since we started last September (Imaginary champagne cork popping).

EP

5 comments:

  1. WOO HOO Congats ERN! Lets try to do another 1000 before the start of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a related note I just logged my 2000th comment on erniepalladinosgiantsbeat! Congrats to me. Thanks for the great times Ern, u are truly the man and best blogger in all of cyberspace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that Eli is that high ... it goes to show what the rest of the country thinks about our personel ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli had awesome stats by throwing a lot of garbage time td's thanks to the WORST DEFENSE IN GIANTS HISTORY. Nothing more can be read into his ranking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1000! Impressive... As a first day reader (and occasional commenter) I think you're the best Giants-centric blog out there. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete