Think you had it hard with the Giants Stadium parking situation? Hey, that's been relatively simple compared to what's going to happen in Dallas on Sunday. Here's what the Cowboys' PR department sent out to its fans, and darned if I can tell the difference between that and Eisenhower's plans for D-Day.
Oh, just realized the difference. The 105,000 or so Cowboys fans will have had all day to fuel themselves up.
Take a read. It's fun stuff.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 18, 2009
Cowboys Stadium Expects More Than 100,000 Sunday
Officials highlight game-day tips for history-making Giants opener
(Arlington, TX) The Dallas Cowboys announced today game-day details for the first regular season game against the New York Giants. Fans will be a part of history with attendance expected to be more than 100,000 at the NFL regular season debut of Cowboys Stadium.
“We are thrilled so many fans want to be here on Sunday,” said Brett Daniels, Director of Client Services for the Dallas Cowboys. “With attendance this high, we do want to highlight some of the information guests need to assure a fantastic experience.
"Our best advice is to plan ahead and arrive early.”
Parking lots open at 1 pm on Sunday, outdoor plazas and gates at 3 pm. The end zone doors and roof will be opened before the game and kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
Guests should map their routes to and from the stadium by going to
“Even if you have already been to Cowboys Stadium for an event this summer,” said Daniels, “it’s important to review updated routes into the building.”
Pre-game festivities include live bands, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and
Dallas Cowboys Rhythm and Blue Dancers performing outside in the AT&T and Miller Lite Plazas. The plazas feature outdoor bars, concessions, restrooms and large video screens with live broadcasts of the pregame activities as well as all the game action.
Fans are encouraged to be in their seats well before kick-off for the opening festivities. Special pre-game and half time stadium dedications will take place on the field.
The following tips are also helpful for fans attending the game on Sunday:
• For your best route to Cowboys Stadium, visit www.dallascowboysmaps.com. Enter your zip code and your pre-paid parking lot number or select cash parking for directions.
• Know that an “obvious” route may not be the fastest route.
• Pay attention to digital signage that may mark new roads.
• Do not use traditional mapping services or automobile GPS. They do not have the latest information.
• Carpool if possible.
• Know that your departure route may differ from traditional exits from the Arlington entertainment district.
• Your ticket provides a specific gate entrance. This entry gate is assigned based on seat location to make it easy to find your seat once you are in the building. Not all tickets will be accepted at every entrance.
• The stadium doors and roof will be open so dress appropriately. Currently, the weather forecast for Sunday is partly cloudy, high of 88°.
• Prohibited Items – The following items will not be allowed into the stadium:
o Large bags, backpacks or carry bags. Women’s purses are allowed but
contents will be inspected.
o Food, drinks or beverages of any kind (including bottled water)
o Video or audio recording devices of any kind
o Professional cameras. Only small, pocket-sized personal cameras will be allowed.
Party Pass Tips for Cowboys vs. Giants Season Opener
The following information will be helpful to fans with the Party Pass Ticket:
• Your party pass ticket provides a specific entrance. Please review whether or not your pass says East or West and enter that end of the stadium.
• Once in the stadium you are free to move freely within each of the party decks and open spaces on the main concourse.
• Some party pass areas of the stadium may fill to capacity. When that occurs, you will no longer be provided access to those specific areas.
• The outdoor plazas have restrooms, outdoor bars and discount pricing on food and beverage after kickoff. Large video screens with live broadcasts of the game are on the plazas just outside the party decks.
• Your party pass does not provide you with a seat. Standing room viewing along the rails is on a first come, first served basis.
• Please be respectful of our other season ticket holders and do not sit in reserved seating areas. If you are found to be in a seating area without the proper ticket, you will be removed.
Oh, yeah, they do everything big in Texas. Even the logistical nightmares.