Friday, November 20, 2009

Extra Motivation

Michael Strahan came back to view his first practice since 2007, his last season as a player. Little did he know he'd be the featured speaker, too. Tom Coughlin pulled him into the post-practice gathering, and then stepped back to let the record-setting defensive end speak.

"It was a surprise – I didn’t expect to do it," Strahan said. "I just came in to see the guys practice. I’m here to watch my first practice since I retired (after the 2007 season). Coughlin pulled me to the middle of the circle and he stepped back. I’m thinking, ‘What are you stepping back for – you want me to speak?’ He started laughing. So he kind of threw me into it."

Whatever Strahan said, he figured he got the players' attention.

"That’s what I do," he said. "I’m a motivator. That part will never leave. My whole thing is it’s confidence. Not just confidence in yourself, but confidence in each other. They’re talented, we all know that. They’re as talented as any team in the league. It’s just a matter of believing in their talent and the talent of the guy next to them. If they do that, they’ll be just fine."

EP

2 comments:

  1. This blog is THE BEST place to come for Giants info and analysis on the web. U have filled a void and keep improving each week. I was excited to hear a legend like u would be a blogger but never imagined it would be so great. U have made this website the Lohud of Giants blogs. Keep up the good work Ern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you not miss Strahan? Anything to wake them up to the fact that they are better than they have been playing.

    ReplyDelete