Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rounds 2-3

Okay, so now that Jason Pierre-Paul is a Giants, for better or for worse, what's left?

Look for the Giants to go defense again in the second round as they search for that middle linebacker candidate. If you wanted Sean Weatherspoon, forget it. He went No. 19 to the Falcons despite numerous questions about his attitude. Penn State's Sean Lee is still out there, as is Florida's Brandon Spikes. It'll be interesting to see if the Giants move up to get either one. Or, perhaps, Lee's history of knee problems will scare teams off and he'll just fall to them.

One thing is certain; any trade package won't involve Osi Umenyiora. I believe Jerry Reese when he says Umenyiora isn't going anywhere.

Third round, perhaps a guard, running back, or blocking tight end.

EP

3 comments:

  1. Fast and furious Ernie.

    General consensus I get is that people aren't happy. I think its a little early to be disappointed. He as projected here, let's remember and he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear. I will wait to see how this plays out.

    Next up is MLB. Has to be a pick in the next two rounds. Interestingly, Kirk Morrison from Oakland is probably available now that Wierd Al took my man, McClain.

    Rounds 2 - 7 is where a team is built. This is where Marc Ross and his team really pay off.

    Chris B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hear a lot about the interest in JPP but I have to be honest--I was hoping it was a smoke screen and I hate the pick. 5 defensive ends. Who engineered this, Matt Millen?

    I'm a big Reese supporter but I'm baffled. And I'm tired of the "BPA" nonsense. JPP was the best player available? With Bulaga on the board? With Iupati, Derek Morgan, Maurkice Pouncey, Dan Williams, and Sean Weatherspoon still on the board? Every one of those players is very highly rated and represents a real need. I just don't get this pick at all.

    As far as I'm concerned, the Giants might as well have traded out of the pick and taken nothing at 15 given how they used it. They're no better off today than they were two days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way that the Giants are taking Spikes in this draft. Lee is a possibility as are Donald Butler, Jamar Chaney and Daryl Washington.

    ReplyDelete