Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just Waiting

Getting Tom Coughlin in a bit, at which time we'll find out for sure whether LB Michael Boley and DT Chris Canty will practice today. If they do -- and unless I miss my guess -- I'd expect to see both in the lineup Sunday against San Diego.

I've totally changed my thinking on those two in light of last week's loss. Had the Giants beaten Philadelphia, I'd have left both on the sidelines to take advantage of the additional rest of the bye week. But now that the losing streak has hit three games, it's imperative the Giants stop the bleeding. They certainly don't want to go into what amounts to a two-week stew thinking about four straight losses. So now it becomes important to get as many missing pieces back as possible, immediately. Since Aaron Ross isn't ready for practice yet, that means forcing Boley and Canty a bit.

Any opinions out there? Agree? Disagree?

EP

7 comments:

  1. Your finally coming around to my point of view Ern. ALL HANDS ON DECK NOW! The sports culture is getting to such a ridiculous state babying players whether it be the Yankees Joba rules or holding out football players for injuries when there is only 16 weeks in the season. If the player wants to play and can play he should be on the field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree 100%. This is an 'all hands on deck' game if there ever was one. Winning this game is crucial for any number of reasons. Keeping up with the Eagles and Boys, stopping the bleeding, getting their 'swagger' back, you name it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree!!!!!!!!!! With the schedule we have this is a must win before the bye week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Ernie. My preference would be to wait till after the bye week but as you say we have to stop the bleeding. If we lose another game we stand the chance of not making the playoffs. Right now the NFC West is the only division I can say with certainty will only put one team in playoffs. Every other division has at least two teams vying for a playoff spot, and the right now the Giants chances aren't looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur as well. We are nearing the point of must wins. I was hoping the Saints loss would humble the team a bit, and then they lose to the Cards and Eagles. We need guys out there who want to play (cause the last three weeks, it looks like some of them out there don't want to play) and I think Boley and Canty are two guys who want to prove themselves. Put them out there and let them loose!

    Go Big Blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are either cleared to practise and play or they are not. If they are they should be placed back into a limited rotation because they are likely not in full game condition. My hope is to see more of Sintim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Ernie! This guys got big contracts and they've got to get on the field! The bleeding has to stop and heading into the bye this game against the Chargers is as must win!

    ReplyDelete