Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Some Horn-Blowing

First, let me tell you we'll get Tom Coughlin in a little bit, so we'll have something as soon as we get back from practice. Looking today to make sure Eli Manning is out there and working as he expected to be Monday. Also looking for Mario Manningham, who had a chest contusion.

Now, for a little horn-blowing for myself and you guys. You may remember my old blog at my old newspaper. The most hits that ever received in one month numbered just a smidge over 30,000, and that was at the height of the Giants' 2007 Super Bowl run. It was in operation about two years by then.

Well, we've just exceeded that. In the first month of operation of Ernie Palladino's Giants Beat, we've gone well past the 30,000 mark. Not bad for this seat-of-the-pants operation. Now, I know the numbers themselves aren't overwhelming, especially when put up against more established bloggers like my friend Ed Valentine at Big Blue View and any of my blogging newspaper colleagues. But I'm very encouraged. And that means you guys have been coming through, for which I am eternally grateful.

Now the object is to increase the numbers. So tell your buddies to give us a look. Maybe they'll like what they see. And I'll do my part by putting together the best blog I can.

Thanks again.

EP

7 comments:

  1. Ernie,
    I'm a faithful reader going back the to old newspaper and I'm a huge fan of you're work. Congrats on the milestone and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Ernie - just wanted to say thanks for putting together such a great blog. I confess to being new to your coverage of the Giants, but I feel the loss was mine, as your reportage is thoughtful, articulate, and you clearly have excellent access. Yours is one of the 3-4 Giants blogs I check daily (often multiple times a day), and I have definitely spread the word. Thanks again, and I look forward to your coverage as the season really gets going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernie, you should start a Facebook Fan page. Might increase traffic a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EP,

    Great job, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only got turned onto by Ralph at the Daily News, when he announced your retirement and subsequent start here. Even online, newspapers are really limited to their circulation region (being in northern NJ, my go-to-guy is Mike at the Star-Ledger).

    What I really like about your blog and Big Blue View, is the opinion aspect that for the most part is left out of typical reporting. When I read your blog, I feel like I'm hearing it from a genunine Giants fan and not a paid beat writer (not to question their passion for Giants, I'm sure Mike and Ralph are as much a Giants fan as any other.) Point is, you no longer have to talk about the Giants from an objective point of view.

    You're doing a great job and I look forward to long future of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. when you said horn blowing i was hoping you'd bring up some of the emotion the g-men should make sure to take into this game.....anyone got a cell phone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Ernie.

    ReplyDelete